GreenKiwi is a Registered Charitable Trust, with the following aims:
To advance education by –
- Creating or facilitating education for sustainability resources for teachers and students
- Providing information for and about education for sustainability
- Funding or supporting other education for sustainability initiatives
- Creating or facilitating the dissemination of information about sustainability
- To raise funds for the purpose of achieving the Trust’s objectives.
GreenKiwi is proudly supported by Econation.
Econation is a leading, independent source of information and education about sustainability and sustainable practices. Econation has an informative website with over 350 pages of content and we also publish a monthly e-newsletter which goes out to a growing base of subscribers.
Spaceship Earth, our first course for schools has been developed by Michael Lockhart of Econation.
Michael Lockhart has a Bachelor of Science majoring in Geology/Earth Science and a Bachelor of Arts majoring in English Literature. His career has spanned communication design, writing and publishing, and business training.
Michael has consulted to a wide range of organisations about sustainability and sustainable practices – including Contact Energy, Mitre 10 and Tasman Insulation. Michael has been trained by EECA as a HERS assessor (Home Energy Rating Scheme).
Our key reviewer for our programme is Rex Bartholomew from Victoria University of Wellington: School of Primary and Secondary Education. Rex is Senior Lecturer in Science. Rex’s CV also includes a long and distinguished career in environmental education and initiatives.